Off-campus Programs

Transient Students

If you plan to graduate from The University of Akron, but would like to attend another institution as a guest or transient student, UA will disburse your financial aid.

Complete the FAFSA application process and the steps listed on the ad hoc consortium agreement form. UA will contact you once we have confirmed details with the visiting institution.

Study Abroad

Students who study abroad are eligible for federal, but not state, aid while studying abroad. Complete the FAFSA application process and contact the Office of International Programs for more information.

Co-ops and Internships

Students who participate in co-op programs are considered full-time and eligible for federal grants and student loans during the co-op semester. If you are enrolled in classes for academic credit while on co-op assignment, you may be eligible for other aid based on those credits. Co-op students are generally not eligible for scholarships, state grants, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, or Federal Work Study during the co-op assignment.

Students enrolled in a UA internship program must be registered for 6 credit hours (undergraduate) or 5 credit hours (graduate) to be eligible for student loans during the internship semester.

If you are interested in a cooperative education program or an internship, contact the Career Center or your academic department for more information.

Was this information helpful?