College of Health Professions
Learn about the college
Five Star Friday
CHP Five Star Friday events
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Harriet Washington Keynote Speaker Rethinking Race Week - Full Story
- Learn about health education center on Saturday's Zips Unlimited Full Story
► School of Allied Health Technology
- College of Health Professions Professor Teaches Community Professionals Vital Knowledge Full Story
► School of Nursing
- Graduate Nursing Student Authors Journal Article - Full Story
► School of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Faculty member Jennifer Warren featured in Akron Beacon Journal for "The Science of Brewing and Fermentation Class." - Full Story
► School of Counseling
- School of Counseling Marisa Cargill's Dissertation Defense. Full Story
School of Counseling Offers University/Community Continuing Education Ethical Decision Making Workshop Full Story
► School of Social Work
The School of Allied Health offers a baccalaureate program which leads to rewarding and productive careers in respiratory therapy. Students in Allied Health gain the opportunity to function in a realistic work environment under the supervision of clinical faculty or other health care professionals.
The School of Counseling offers master's programs which lead to licensure and practice in high demand mental health fields. The field is rapidly growing, providing a broad employment opportunity for graduates along with the chance to enhance one's community.
With rigorous entrance requirements and a growing national profile, the school graduates nurses who transform lives as they deliver patient care with ethics, honesty and compassion.
Students in the program learn how to translate the science of food and nutrition and apply it to enhance health. The career outlook for the field is strong, owing to our aging population, growing interest in nutrition and emphasis on disease prevention.
The school graduates practitioners who possess the knowledge, values and skills necessary to succeed with diverse clients in various practice settings. We offer both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Recognized as a national leader, the school provides evidence-based clinical training to prepare and graduate highly qualified audiologists and speech-language pathologists.
Through engaged scholarship and experiential learning, the school develops students in areas related to sport science, and health and wellness education in preparation for cutting-edge professional careers with industry leaders.