We see currently enrolled, degree-seeking students (residential and commuter) and UA faculty and staff.
Student Health Services is open on weekdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm during the academic year. Student Health Services is open on weekdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm during the summer.
Appointments are required. There are often same-day appointments available. Walk-ins will be accepted depending upon healthcare provider availability.
Call 330-972-7808 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. If prompted, please leave a voicemail so we can return the call and schedule an appointment for you.
Clinic visit: $15, to be paid at time of visit
See below for pricing of medications, tests, and other fees.
Medications available onsite (at-cost pricing)
- Prescription medications: $6 to $20, depending on the medication
- Various over-the-counter medications: $3 - $15, depending on type of medication
- Respiratory inhalers: $50
- Allergy shots: $5 for 1 injection, $10 for 2 or more. Please contact us to initiate allergy injections.
- Depo-Provera injections: For cost and prescription information, please contact us.
Patients may request a prescription to fill at the pharmacy (if wanting to use health insurance) instead of purchasing medication from Student Health Services.
We are unable to accept health insurance at this time for immunizations.
- Hepatitis B: $60 each (series of 3 injections)
- Tetanus w/Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap): $60
- QuantiFERON TB Plus Gold (blood test)
- Patients may use health insurance for this test, with a $10 lab draw fee due at the time of service.
- Patients without insurance or those who do not wish to use insurance may obtain TB testing for $65 out-of-pocket.
Miscellaneous Medical Supplies
- Crutches: $20
- Crutches may also be rented to patients who have been evaluated by a nurse practitioner in SHS.
- Ace wraps: $3 - $5
- Arm slings: $5
- Point-of-care (POC) testing is available in Student Health Services as ordered by a healthcare provider. The cost varies based on the type of testing and usually ranges between $7 to $15 per test. Results are provided during the patient's appointment at Student Health Services. The following POC testing is available:
- Strep throat
- Influenza A & B
- Urine pregnancy testing
- Finger stick glucose testing
- For send-out testing (specimens being sent to an outside laboratory provider), Student Health Services can accept health insurance. Remaining balances not covered by health insurance will be billed to the policy holder of the patient's insurance.
Forms of Payment
- Credit/Debit (including Discover)
- Zip Card - "All Campus" only (We are unable to accept Dining Dollars)
- The clinic visit fee may be charged to the student tuition account if a form of payment is not available at the time of service. However, fees for medications, laboratory tests, crutches, etc may not be charged to the student tuition account. These fees are due at the time of the visit.