Student health insurance

All registered domestic students taking six or more credit hours, doctoral students and other special academic program students are eligible to enroll in a student health and basic accident plan administered through an outside insurance agent, Assured Partners. The plan is underwritten by Student Educational Benefit Trust (SEBT).

It is a voluntary program that domestic students may choose to enroll in if they find the coverage adequate for their needs.

The University makes the coverage available to students purely as a service only, and we do not receive commissions from the program.

Your University email will serve as your user name and your initial password will be your University ID number.

Once enrolled, you can log into the SEBT website to add dependents or enroll in optional dental and vision coverage.

A student health insurance liaison is available to answer questions:

International students

All registered international students taking credit hours are required to purchase this insurance plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished and meets the certain criteria. Health insurance for international students.

Coverage for dependents

Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their dependents. Eligible dependents are the spouse and unmarried children under 19 years of age or under 23 years, if a full-time dependent student at an accredited institution of higher learning.

Details about coverage

For more information regarding plan premiums, details of coverage, limitations, etc. please contact the student health insurance liaison:

Additionally, informational insurance plan brochures are available at Student Health Services located in the Student Recreation Wellness Center, Suite 260 (map). 

The University of Akron | Buchtel Hall

Buchtel Hall, at the center of campus, is one of the University's iconic buildings.