UA’s Nutrition Center
The University of Akron Nutrition Center will be a recognized source for nutrition expertise, nutrition / dietetic training, research and community service in Northeast Ohio.
The UA Nutrition Center is committed to the health and wellness of the University and surrounding community.
Values and Goals
- Applied, active service based learning
- Community engagement to promote health and wellness
- New knowledge creation through research
- Collaborative community and academic partnerships
- Interprofessional training, practice and translational research
- Evidence-based and ethical practice
- Multicultural and global perspectives
- Integrated health and wellness approaches
The Center offers services to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Akron and communities in Northeast Ohio. The Nutrition Center provides nutrition assessment and counseling, medical nutrition therapy, computerized menu and food intake analysis, food systems management services, and individual and group nutrition education services.
Faculty and staff nutrition assessments cost $45.00 which includes a 60 minute consult and a 30 minute follow-up.
- Pay with a debit or credit card
- To pay with a check, please make checks payable to: The University of Akron – Nutrition Center
Partners in Nutrition provides the following services to students, faculty/staff and the community:
- Nutrition Assessment
- Personalized Nutrition Plan
- 30 Minute Follow-up Consultation
- Nutrition Education
UA Students receive these services at no charge!
Please be aware that a lactation room has been made available for students, faculty and staff, located in the Nutrition Center. A refrigerator is available for breastmilk storage as well.
To schedule an appointment please contact Roxanne Villánueva
Schrank Hall South 210
The University of Akron,
Akron, OH 44325-6102
Like us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/NutritionCenterUofA