Take the first step to pursue a rewarding career
HOW TO APPLY TO A PROGRAM
Food and Environmental Nutrition (BS) Application Process Step-By-Step
- Apply to the Office of Admissions (OOA) website here: https://uakron.edu/admissions/undergraduate#apply
- Choose the correct applicant category and follow that link for application instructions.
- Once accepted by the OOA, students may enroll as a pre-admit before formally applying to the Exercise Science program. Preadmission courses must show an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher for full admission to the program.
Complete 30 credit hours or coursework, with a cumulative 3.0 GPA, prior to the Spring semester you wish to apply for full admission into the program. The following courses are pre-requisite to being admitted: 3100:200/201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I +Lab 3100:202/203 Human Anatomy and Physiology II +Lab
- 3150:110/111 Introduction to General, Organic & Biochemistry I + lab *
- 3150:112/113 Introduction to General, Organic & Biochemistry II + lab *
- 3300:111 English Composition I *
- 3300:112 English Composition II *
- 3470:260 or 3470:250 Basic Statistics or Statistics for Everyday Life *
- 7760:120 Career Decisions in Nutrition *
- 3100:130 Principles of Microbiology*
- 7600:105 or 7600:106 Introduction to Public Speaking or Effective Oral Communication*
- 7760:133 Nutrition Fundamentals*
- 3850:100 Introduction to Sociology*
* All grades for prerequisite coursework above must be “C” or higher.
- Students will be admitted to the major after completing the above coursework with the required grades. Fully admitted students will then be assigned a program faculty advisor.
- Applications are accepted for Fall, Spring, and Summer Start dates (click here for more information)
Contact Information for Program Guidance
Contact the Student Success Center academic advisor or Program Coordinator for academic guidance:
Student Success Center academic advisor: