Forms and Information for Faculty/Staff

Direct Payment Form ( for access) 

    Used for expenditures that do not require processing through the Department of Purchasing.

    All Direct Payment Forms are to be sent directly to Accounts Payable. (e.g., memberships, reimbursements, subscriptions, registrations, etc).


    An Honorarium is used for a one-time payment of $200 or less for a speaker and/or travel expenses for non-university personnel.  A completed OPERS Form (OPERS is required only if the supplier is an independent contractor.) and W9 is required;

    A Lecture Agreement is not required for Honorarium. 

    Please review the form and instructions for use on the Controller's website which you may access here.

    On-Campus Order Form ( for access)

    Used for purchases of goods or services from on campus providers, (e.g., Printing Services, Telecommunications, PFOC, Computer Solutions, Chemical Stores, Dining Services, etc)., and should be sent to the department providing the service.

    Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) Fill-in Form (mandatory for independent contractors, suppliers and/or vendors as well as LLCs who check box #3 on a W9 as an Individual/sole proprietor or single-member LLC)

    Effective Sept. 28, 2016: The University of Akron is required to follow regulations for Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).  Regulations require that we have independent contractors (speakers, service payments, officials etc.) sign an Independent Contractor/Worker Acknowledgment form.  This form is to be completed if an individual begins providing personal services to a public employer and is not considered to be a public employee.  The signed form is acknowledgement by that individual that they will not have contributions made to OPERS.  Any questions regarding this form, please call ext. 6559 or ext. 7090.  Once completed, the form must be printed, signed and dated by the independent contractor and sent with other University required paperwork: agreements, W9s, etc.  This form is listed with the University Services Agreements as well as the Honorarium Form on the Controller’s website.

    Sole Source Justification Form

    UA W9 or UA Tax forms (send request to

    University Service Agreements (Lecture, Performance & Professional Services)

    Vehicle Procurement Form