Licensing UA Technology
UA’s portfolio includes more than 400 active, pending and provisional patents in areas including specialty polymers science and engineering, biotechnology, medical devices, biomimicry, chemistry, sensors and devices, energy and green technologies, and nanotechnology. To explore intellectual property that might add value to your institution:
- Check out UA’s published patents and patent applications.
- Contact UA’s Office of Technology Transfer with your needs to learn more about patents you’ve identified or to explore unpublished patents and IP.
- See other emerging technologies from UA.
The University of Akron supports commercialization of Ohio innovations. The following documents are aligned with that goal:
- See UA’s Master Research Agreement, for beginning your research collaborations.
- See UA's IP License terms, which are negotiable to meet your needs.
- Review UA’s template license agreement and template license term sheet, which can be modified to suit your business’s needs.
- Review a detailed outline of UA's licensing process.
Contact UA's Office of Technology Transfer
170 University Circle
Akron, OH 44325-2103