Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment
For fall 2021, all six of our Panhellenic sororities will be participating in formal recruitment September 10-12. Important information to know about this process:
- While sorority recruitment will take place in person, some restrictions may be put in place to ensure the safety of all participants
- You will meet all six sororities throughout this process
- You must register to participate by Tuesday, September 7 at 9 pm
- You must pay a $10 registration fee by Tuesday, September 7 at 9 pm
We will have women serving as Recruitment Guides that will help you through this process. Once you sign up for sorority recruitment, we will pair you with a Recruitment Guide to answer any questions you might have!
In order to be eligible to participate in Sorority Recruitment you must be a full-time University of Akron student taking 12 or more credit hours. You must have a high school GPA of a 2.5 or a college GPA of a 2.4 in order to participate.
Panhellenic Sorority Formal Recruitment Booklet
Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Schedule
Potential New Member Guidelines:
Here are some general guidelines for potential new members, women participating in sorority recruitment, which are important to know about the Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment process:
- Only full time students, taking 12 credit hours or more, at The University of Akron are eligible to participate in Sorority Recruitment.
- Students must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or a college GPA of 2.4 to participate in Sorority Recruitment
- Students must sign-up for sorority recruitment in order to be eligible to receive an invitation of membership (a bid) from a sorority.
- As a potential new member (PNM) we strongly encourage you to attend a Recruitment Orientation provided by Panhellenic Council. If you have questions, please email Claire Struhsaker, PHC VP of Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joining a sorority is a lifelong commitment. Before you accept a Bid you will want to make sure you know the expectations of membership, the costs for this fall and future semesters, and have your questions answered!
- The earliest chapters date for fall 2021 that chapters will extend invitations to membership is on Sunday, September 12 Each chapter will continue to extend bids of membership beyond this date.
- A PNM will fill out the Membership Recruitment Acceptance Binding Agreement (MRABA) immediately after accepting your bid. This will occur through CampusDirector. Once a MRABA has been signed, no changes may be made. Any PNM signing a MRABA and receiving a bid, shall be bound by the agreement for one calendar year.