WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES HAVE TO SAY...
Department of Student Life and Student Union employees have the opportunity to learn a variety of skills. Below are a few comments students working in the Department have shared with us...
- “Working for the Department of Student Life and Student Union has helped me meet so many amazing people along with helping me get more involved within the university. It has truly made a big impact on my time at Akron".
- “Before starting to work with the Department of Student Life I was quiet and rarely spoke up. But now I have gained more confidence in my work and will use this in my future career after graduation.”
- My experience with the Department of Student Life has been wonderful. I applied because I wanted to be more involved on campus and to make extra money. I had no idea going into it that I would gain so many useful skills and meet so many amazing people. From day one, I learned so much and almost two years later, I am still learning new things every day. On top of that, I have met some of the kindest and most supportive people who push me to be a better version of myself. I have learned so much from the full-time staff and the student employees."
- "The Department of Student Life and Student Union gave me the communal support I needed to make it through my first year of college. Since then they have provided me with the resources to develop professionally, further my campus involvement, and grow as a person all while building everlasting friendships."
- "Working on the Maintenance team in the Student Union has been a great on-campus job. This job provides flexible hours and puts the student first, which has made it easy for me to keep up with academics."
Interested in working in the Department of Student Life or Student Union? Visit RooConnect to complete your application online