Attend a Nationally Ranked Business School with Dual Accreditation
Ranking organizations regularly recognize our programs and overall quality of experiences in the College of Business.
Rankings - Undergraduate Programs
- The 2022 Poets & Quants listing of undergraduate business schools ranks The University of Akron's College of Business at No. 93 in the country. This places the college in the top five schools in Ohio (public and private) and number one in Northeast Ohio. Among public schools only, we are ranked at 45th in the country. To see the full description of our ranking, and what alumni had to say about their experience, visit Poets & Quants.
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked the College of Business as one of the best undergraduate business programs in the nation. UA's No. 278 ranking ranking is based solely on peer assessment. U.S. News surveys deans and senior faculty at each undergraduate business program accredited by AACSB International and asks them to rate the quality of all programs with which they were familiar.
Rankings - Graduate Programs
- The College's graduate programs have been included in The Princeton Review's list of Best Business Schools every year since 2005. Schools are recognized on the basis of high quality academic programs and the favorable opinions of students, who rate and report their campus experiences.
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked the College’s MBA program among the best part-time MBA programs in the U.S. According to the 2022 rankings, UA is No. 169 and has the highest-ranked part-time MBA program at a public university in Northeast Ohio. The rankings are based on an average peer assessment score, as well as four student-related factors – the average GMAT score, average undergraduate GPA, the years of work experience of students who enter the program, and the percentage of students in the program who are enrolled part time.
- CEO Magazine has ranked the College of Business MBA as a Tier One MBA program, while
the online MBA program ranks No. 62 in the country. The ranking is derived from input on areas such as the quality of faculty, international diversity, and professional development. For the complete listings and information on how we rank, please visit their Global MBA Rankings website.
- Online Master's Degrees (OMD) uses the latest data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) reported via the U.S. Department of Education to compile the Top 50 Online MBA Programs. UA's College of Business has been ranked No. 5 overall, while specifically ranking Online Programs (in Subject) at No. 1, Online Students (No. 19), Students with Institutional Aid (No. 41), and Institutional Aid per Student (No. 39).
Dual Accreditation by AACSB
Since 1966, the College of Business has been accredited by AACSB International, which is the hallmark of excellence in management education and represents the highest achievement for business schools worldwide. Only 1.15% of business schools worldwide have obtained dual accreditation from AACSB (business and accounting).
Schools are accredited based on 21 standards relating to faculty qualification, strategic management of resources, interactions of faculty and students, as well as a commitment to continuous improvement and achievement of learning goals in degree programs.
Accreditation confirms the College's commitment to quality and continuous improvement. It assures our prospective students, alumni, the academy, and our community that the college:
- Manages its resources to achieve our mission of preparing competent and responsible business professionals and leaders.
- Advances business and management knowledge through faculty research and scholarship.
- Provides high quality teaching and current curricula.
- Cultivates meaningful interactions between our students and faculty.
- Produces graduates who have achieved specific learning goals in our subject matter.
Learn more about why AACSB Accreditation matters in choosing a business school.