The mission of the Cummings Center for the History of Psychology is to promote the history of psychology and related human sciences to the broadest community possible. The Cummings Center acquires, preserves, and provides access to primary sources that support the complete historical record of psychology and related human sciences.
In order to meet its mission, the Cummings Center aspires to:
- Collect, preserve, and provide access to the historical record of psychology and related human sciences
- Generate awareness and understanding of the history of psychology and related human sciences
- Support research and examination of contemporary issues through historical analysis
- Offer education, in the form of lectures, films, workshops, conferences, and exhibits that promote understanding of the human experience
- Promote the care of archival materials and special collections.