Last Revised: Dec. 14, 2017
The university operates certain mobile applications (sticker apps) which may be viewed as being directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) which are distributed in Apple’s iMessage Store under the “Kids & Family” and “Emoji & Expressions” categories.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU OR, AS APPLICABLE, YOUR LEGAL GUARDIAN, DISAGREE TO ANY TERM PROVIDED HEREIN, YOU MAY NOT INSTALL, ACCESS AND/OR USE THE STICKER APPS AND YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PROMPTLY ERASE THEM, AND ANY PART THEREOF, FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
1. Personal Information
While the sticker apps are being used by our Users we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any User and hereby specifically prohibit any User under the age of 13 from providing UA with any Personal Information. If you are a legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe that your child has provided UA Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every reasonable attempt to locate and delete such information.
- First and last name;
- A home or other physical address including street name and name of a city or town;
- Online contact information;
- A screen or user name that functions as online contact information;
- A telephone number;
- A social security number;
- A persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a User over time and across different websites or online services, including a cookie number, an IP address, a processor or device serial number, or a unique device identifier;
- A photograph, video, or audio file, where such file contains a Kid’s image or voice;
- Geolocation information sufficient to identify a User’s street name and name of a city or town; or
- Any information collected online from a Kid (and/or the Kid’s legal guardian) and combined with any item of information listed above.
The university does not directly collect and store on its servers any Personal Information from Users of the sticker apps.
2. Non-personal Data
UA collects non-identifiable and anonymous information via Apple, Inc. as detailed below (“Non-personal Data”). UA only receives data from Apple from users who have agreed to share their diagnostics and usage information with app developers.
With respect to such sticker apps Non-personal Data, UA has no idea of the identity of the User from whom Apple collected the sticker apps Non-personal Data. Sticker apps Non-personal Data collected by Apple may include the following technical information: device type (e.g. iPhone, iPad, iPod) and country of sale.
3. How User Information is Collected
UA does not display advertising in its Sticker Apps.
The University of Akron values and respects individuals' right to privacy. See additional university practices and policies at http://uakron.edu/ogc/legal-policies-and-procedures/privacy-practices-and-policies.