UA services available over the holidays
This page describes the University services that will be available:
- while the University is closed Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017 through Monday, Jan. 1, 2018 (except for facilities and personnel required to conduct previously scheduled events and maintain essential physical infrastructure and safety.),
- when UA reopens Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 until spring semester 2018 classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
The Office of the University Registrar will be closed Dec. 23 through Jan. 1, reopening Jan. 2. All My Akron functions — including registration, viewing of grades and accessing financial information — will be available online during that period.
- The deadline for submitting all grades is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, December 19. Grade rosters will not be available after this deadline.
- End-of-term processing will not be completed until Wednesday, Dec. 20. As a result, students' online GPAs for fall may change due to repeated courses.
- Transcripts requiring fall 2017 grades will be processed beginning Dec. 21.
Students: Students who receive a check may want to provide two self addressed stamps to the Payroll Office to have December 22 and January 5 paychecks mailed home. If you have direct deposit, you can view your deposit in My Akron.
The Office of Student Accounts and the Office of Student Financial Aid will be closed Dec. 24, 2017 through Jan. 2, 2018 reopening Jan. 3, 2018. For students who registered for spring classes, the tuition-payment deadline is Jan. 16, 2018. Additional information is here.
Students should refer to My Akron, Student Center, “Finances”; from here you can view your account, make a payment or sign up for the payment plan. Registration on or after Jan. 16, 2018 is due same day of registration. Students may be subject to late-payment fees and the prospect of being dropped from their classes if payment is not paid by their due date.
Students are encouraged to plan ahead and not wait until the last day to complete financial aid paperwork or to make required payments or payment arrangements.
The first financial aid disbursement will occur January 6, 2018. Refunds will be processed 3 to 5 business days after the disbursement date.
All residence halls are closed for winter break. Students with extenuating circumstances may email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request to stay in their residence hall room during the break. These requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
The Roo Express will continue its full Fall/Spring schedule through Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 (including Downtown on Friday night). There will be no Saturday services. All Roo Express routes will resume the Fall/Spring schedule beginning Friday, January 12, 2018, at 7:30 a.m.
Bierce Library, the Science and Technology Library (Auburn Science and Engineering Center), and Archival Services (Polsky Building) will be closed from Dec. 23 through Jan. 1, the period when the University is closed, reopening Jan. 2.
The IT Help Desk will be closed Dec. 23 through Jan. 1. If you have access to the internet, you may visit our self-service site, support.uakron.edu where there are many solutions to common problems. You may also submit an online request. After submitting your request, you may log into FootPrints with your UAnet ID and password to check the status of inquiry. We will monitor the requests that are submitted to FootPrints.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you may leave a voice message at 330-972-6888. Employees from the support center will monitor this voice mailbox periodically during the week. You can also email Neal L'Amoreaux at email@example.com.
Computer Repair Services will be closed Dec. 23 through Jan. 1. If you have a computer being serviced by Computer Repair Services and it is ready for pick up, please pick it up by Wednesday, Dec. 20, at 3 p.m. Otherwise, you will not be able to pick it up until after Jan. 3.
If you have questions, contact Computer Repair Services at ext. 330-972-7626 or email Neal L'Amoreaux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shipping/Receiving Department will be closed Saturday, Dec. 23, through Monday, Jan. 1, along with the rest of the campus.
We will be getting an overabundance of packages when we return on Jan. 2. Please expect some delays. Your patience is appreciated.
The holidays can be a stressful and/or emotional time for some students.
The University has a team of professionals ready to help students experiencing:
- mental health issues (depression, anxiety, substance dependence, etc.),
- personal problems (relationships, social contentedness, family, etc.)
University officials will be monitoring this service and will act accordingly to referrals submitted over break, and while UA is closed.
- Students who are experiencing crisis, exhibiting unusual behavior, or who may harm themselves or someone else should call University Police at 330-972-2911, or dial 9-1-1 for local service, available 24/7.