Forms and Information for Faculty/Staff
On February 10, 2015, Governor John Kasich signed Executive Order 2015-01K (click for PDF) establishing the Ohio Task Force on Affordability and Efficiency in Higher Education, to review and recommend ways in which state-sponsored institutions of higher education, including four-year universities and two-year community colleges, can be more efficient, offering an education of equal or higher quality while at the same time decreasing their costs.
Recommendation 3A states that each institution must require that its employees use existing contracts for purchasing goods and services, starting with the areas with the largest opportunities for savings.
- Amazon UA Business Account
- Central Stores Forms
- Contract Request/Renewal Form
- Please have the supplier/vendor complete the OPERS form if applicable (see below)
- Direct Payment Form (email@example.com for access)
- Used for expenditures that do not require processing through the Department of Purchasing, and should be sent directly to Accounts Payable, e.g., memberships, reimbursements, subscriptions, registrations, etc.
- On-Campus Order Form (firstname.lastname@example.org for access)
- Used for purchases of goods or services from on campus providers, e.g., Printing Services, Telecommunications, PFOC, Computer Solutions, Chemical Stores, Dining Services, etc., and should be sent to the department providing the service.
- Excluded Parties Search
- Findings for Recovery Search
An Honorarium is used for a one-time payment of $200 or less for a speaker and/or travel expenses for non-university personnel. A completed OPERS Form (OPERS Form is needed only if you are paying a speaker fee) and W9 (W9 is needed only if the vendor has not previously visited campus) is required; a Lecture Agreement is not required. Please review the form and instructions for use on the Controller’s website which you may access here.
- Hold Harmless Form
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) Fill-in Form (mandatory for independent contractors, suppliers and/or vendors as well as LLCs who check box #3 on a W9 as an Individual/sole proprietor or single-member LLC)
Effective Sept. 28, 2016, The University of Akron is required to follow regulations for Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS). Regulations require that we have independent contractors (speakers, service payments, officials etc.) sign an Independent Contractor/Worker Acknowledgment form. This form is to be completed if an individual begins providing personal services to a public employer and is not considered to be a public employee. The signed form is acknowledgement by that individual that they will not have contributions made to OPERS. Any questions regarding this form, please call ext. 6559 or ext. 7090. Once completed, the form must be printed, signed and dated by the independent contractor and sent with other University required paperwork: agreements, W9s, etc. This form is listed with the University Services Agreements as well as the Honorarium Form on the Controller’s website.
- Printing Services Forms and Information
- Purchase Order Cancel/Close Request Form
- Purchasing Guide (last link under Quick Links on the left)
- RFP Required Forms for Vendors
- Risk Management Forms
- Sole Source Justification Form
- Travel Forms, Rules and Information
- UA Outdoor Space Reservation Form
- UA W9 (send request to email@example.com)
- University Service Agreements (Lecture, Performance & Professional Services)
- Vehicle Procurement Form
- Vendor Disclosure Form
- Vendor Registration Form, ACH Deposit Vendor Authorization & W9 (fill-in forms; print to sign where applicable)
- Zero Dollar ($0) Lecture Agreement
Lecturers who will not be paid to speak are not required to complete a Lecture Agreement.
- Zero Dollar ($0) Performance or Professional Services Agreement
A performer or a vendor providing services who will not be paid are required to complete a Performance or Professional Services Agreement (the Vendor Disclosure and Independent Contractor Checklist are not required). Please obtain University Service Agreements from the website, which you may access here.
Campus Related Websites
- Accounts Payable-Invoices/Payments
- Central Stores-Order Paper & Toner/Surplus Property
- Controller's Office-Travel Policy & Procedures
The ESM easyPurchase program is a spend management suite which provides a cost savings through online ordering from contracted supplier catalogs. The ESM easyPurchase program works best with Firefox, IE 9 &10 and Chrome; you may also need to disable the pop up blocker.
Once you are setup to use ESM easyPurchase you will have access to over 20 catalogs to procure office, lab, scientific and medical supplies, furniture, electronics, and MRO (maintenance repair operations) items utilizing your University issued Pcard. Pcard restrictions still apply for purchases within ESM; the restrictions may be reviewed beginning on page 2 of the Procurement Card Policy and Prcedure Manual which you may access here.
- ESM easyPurchase User Instructions
- ESM easyPurchase Approver Instructions
- ESM easyPurchase Ordering Website (save as favorite for future use)
- ESM easyPurchase User Application
- ESM easyPurchase FAQ
- Contact Us for Assistance
Procurement Card Information
- Procurement Card Application
- Procurement Card Training Materials
- Procurement Card Policy & Procedure Manual
Public Purchase Information
Public Purchase, a system as provided through The Public Group, is an electronic bidding tool to provide public access to UA bids, requests for proposal, requests for information, requests for quote and reverse auction opportunities.
The University is also part or a member of several group purchasing organizations and groups which include:
- Community University Education Purchasing Association (CUE)
- E & I Cooperative Services (E&I)
- Inter-University Council of Ohio Purchasing Group (IUC-PG)
- Northeast Ohio Council on Highter Education (NEO)
- State of Ohio
University Rules Related to Purchasing
- All University Rules-Office of General Counsel
- Allowable Entertainment Discretionary Expenses
- CAP-6-01(payment requests sent directly to Accounts Payable)
- Leveraging Our Resources
- Textbooks, Teaching Aids, Supplies and Classrooms
- University Ethics Laws and Standards
- University Rules for Travel and Business Related Expenses