Forms and Information for Faculty/Staff
- Central Stores Forms
- Contract Request/Renewal Form
- Please have the supplier/vendor complete the OPERS form if applicable (see below)
- Direct Payment Form (email@example.com for access)
- Used for expenditures that do not require processing through the Department of Purchasing, and should be sent directly to Accounts Payable, e.g., memberships, reimbursements, subscriptions, registrations, etc.
- On-Campus Order Form (firstname.lastname@example.org for access)
- Used for purchases of goods or services from on campus providers, e.g., Printing Services, Telecommunications, PFOC, Computer Solutions, Chemical Stores, Dining Services, etc., and should be sent to the department providing the service.
- Excluded Parties Search
- Findings for Recovery Search
An Honorarium is used for a one-time payment for a speaker and/or travel expenses for non-university personnel. A completed OPERS Form (OPERS Form is needed only if you are paying a speaker fee) and W9 (W9 is needed only if the vendor has not previously visited campus) is required; a Lecture Agreement is not required. Please review the form and instructions for use on the Controller’s website which you may access here.
- Hold Harmless Form
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) Fill-in Form (mandatory for independent contractors, suppliers and/or vendors as well as LLCs who check box #3 on a W9 as an Individual/sole proprietor or single-member LLC)
Effective Sept. 28, 2016, The University of Akron is required to follow regulations for Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS). Regulations require that we have independent contractors (speakers, service payments, officials etc.) sign an Independent Contractor/Worker Acknowledgment form. This form is to be completed if an individual begins providing personal services to a public employer and is not considered to be a public employee. The signed form is acknowledgement by that individual that they will not have contributions made to OPERS. Any questions regarding this form, please call ext. 6559 or ext. 7090. Once completed, the form must be printed, signed and dated by the independent contractor and sent with other University required paperwork: agreements, W9s, etc. This form is listed with the University Services Agreements as well as the Honorarium Form on the Controller’s website.
- Purchase Order Cancel/Close Request Form
- Purchasing Guide
- RFP Required Forms for Vendors
- Risk Management Forms
- Sole Source Justification Form
- Travel Forms, Rules and Information
- UA Outdoor Space Reservation Form
- UA W9 (send request to email@example.com)
- University Service Agreements (Lecture, Performance & Professional Services)
- Vehicle Procurement Form
- Vendor Disclosure Form
- Vendor Registration Form, ACH Deposit Vendor Authorization & W9 (fill-in forms; print to sign where applicable)
- Zero Dollar ($0) Lecture Agreement
Lecturers who will not be paid to speak are not required to complete a Lecture Agreement.
- Zero Dollar ($0) Performance or Professional Services Agreement
A performer or a vendor providing services who will not be paid are required to complete a Performance or Professional Services Agreement (the Vendor Disclosure and Independent Contractor Checklist are not required). Please obtain University Service Agreements from the website, which you may access here.
Campus Related Websites
- Accounts Payable-Invoices/Payments
- Central Stores-Order Paper & Toner/Surplus Property
- Controller's Office-Travel Policy & Procedures
The ESM easyPurchase program is a spend management suite to automate our “procure-to-pay” process. The University expects to see cost savings through online ordering from contracted supplier catalogs, as well as overall process improvements by using this application. The ESM easyPurchase program works best with Firefox, IE 9 &10 and Chrome; you may also need to disable the pop up blocker.
- ESM easyPurchase User Instructions
- ESM easyPurchase Approver Instructions
- ESM easyPurchase Ordering Website (save as favorite for future use)
- ESM easyPurchase User Application
- ESM easyPurchase FAQ
- Contact Us for Assistance
Procurement Card Information
- Procurement Card Application
- Procurement Card Training Materials
- Procurement Card Policy & Procedure Manual
Public Purchase Information
Public Purchase, a system as provided through The Public Group, is an electronic bidding tool to provide public access to UA bids, requests for proposal, requests for information, requests for quote and reverse auction opportunities.
The University is also part or a member of several group purchasing organizations and groups which include:
- Community University Education Purchasing Association (CUE)
- E & I Cooperative Services (E&I)
- Inter-University Council of Ohio Purchasing Group (IUC-PG)
- Northeast Ohio Council on Highter Education (NEO)
- State of Ohio
University Rules Related to Purchasing
- All University Rules-Office of General Counsel
- Allowable Entertainment Discretionary Expenses
- CAP-6-01(payment requests sent directly to Accounts Payable)
- Leveraging Our Resources
- Textbooks, Teaching Aids, Supplies and Classrooms
- University Ethics Laws and Standards
- University Rules for Travel and Business Related Expenses