2023 Progress Highlights
IV. WE PROMISE TO NURTURE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION BY:
A. Revitalizing the Office of Research Administration and the operations of the University of Akron Research Foundation, including hiring permanent leadership.
- Hired New Leadership: Dr. Suzanne Bausch named Vice President for Research and Business Engagement and Dean of the Graduate School.
Key Contact Area: Office of Research
B. Incentivize faculty to secure external support for their research and increase Facilities and Administration revenue to the General Fund
- Expanded Grant Opportunities: FY22 grant awards increased 38% over FY21.
- Increased personnel: The Office of Research Administration expanded to support faculty in pre-award (two new hires) and post-award (one new hire) stages.
Key Contact Area: Research at the University of Akron
C. Identify and adjust policies and practices that hinder faculty in their scholarly and innovation pursuits.
- Innovation Opportunities: Reintroduced “three-party” agreements with UA, UARF and outside entities to increase efficiency of innovation pursuits.
- Foster Entrepreneurship: Expanded entrepreneurship through the I-Corps program to build programs for early entrepreneurs and attract students.
Key Contact Area: University of Akron Research Foundation