Take care of your body for optimal functioning and physical health.
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Get adequate sleep
- Get regular medical and dental check-ups
- Take steps to prevent injury
- Recognize symptoms of disease and seek treatment
- Student Recreation and Wellness Services
- Access to 5 gymnasiums, two pools, climbing wall and large number of cardio and strength equipment. Programs are available for group exercise, intramurals, and club sports.
- Health Services
- Enrolled students are eligible to receive health care on campus, including general primary care and a Well Women's Clinic. No need to have insurance.
- Nutrition Center
- Provides nutrition assessment and counseling, medical nutrition therapy, computerized menu and food intake analysis, food systems management services.
- Food allergies and special diets
- Food allergies and special diet needs are becoming more common. Dining Services has your health and safety in mind when handling your special diet.
- Campus walking routes
- Runners and walkers can make use of four mapped routes around campus ranging from a half-mile to 1.1 miles.
- Audiology and Speech Center
- The Audiology and Speech Center provides a full range of clinical speech, language and hearing services for children and adults in the greater Akron-Canton area, the University community and across northeast Ohio.
- Sports Science and Wellness Education Department
- Preparing students to become competent and responsible professionals in the field(s) of Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Health and Physical Education, and Sport Studies.
Community and national resources
- Summit County Metro Parks
- Many local parks and trails offering experiences that are compatible with the protection of natural and cultural resources.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Though a short distance from the urban environments of Cleveland and Akron, the park is a refuge for flora and fauna and provides recreation and solitude for visitors.
- Body Mass Index
- Personal healthy weight assessments and information.
- Healthy for Good
- A movement to inspire you to create lasting change in your health and your life by eating smart, adding color, moving more, and being well.
- Choose My Plate
- The NEW food pyramid from the USDA!
- National dietary guidelines
- A healthy diet can reduce the risk of major chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and some cancers.