COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND POLYMER SCIENCE
What makes us great
- Our celebrated engineering co-op program is the fifth oldest in the U.S. and gives students hands-on, paid work experience with top employers throughout the region and country. After graduation, our students go on to work at household names such as The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., SpaceX, Amazon and Microsoft — as well as innovative startups.
- Our engineering student design teams build concrete canoes, steel bridges, race cars, robots, rockets and more — frequently ranking among the best in the country and world in competition — while our service design teams adapt devices to improve life for those with disabilities.
- Our bachelor’s degree in corrosion engineering is the first and only of its kind in the country, and our bachelor’s degree in aerospace systems engineering is unique outside of the U.S. Air Force Academy.
- Our bachelor’s degree in computer information systems (CIS) with a focus on cybersecurity is the first of its kind among public universities in Ohio. It is also among the first of its kind to offer courses in applied cryptography, which are typically offered at the graduate level.
- We offer the only ABET-accredited bachelor’s degree in surveying and mapping in Ohio, and students in the program have consistently won national competitions and awards.
- Our School of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering is a world leader in polymer education and research. Our polymer faculty research has resulted in more than 300 issued and pending patents and helped launch more than two dozen regional startup businesses. Alumni from our polymer programs are making a difference throughout the world as CEOs, company presidents and vice presidents, directors, professors and more.