Intervention Specialist (K-12); ECIS (Age 3-Grade 3)
Intervention Specialist Fundamentals
Intervention specialists work with children who have mild to moderate or moderate to intensive disabilities, including learning disabilities, cognitive disabilities, emotional disturbances, hearing or visual impairments, autism and other health-impaired and multiple disabilities.
The College of Education offers three licensure options in special education:
- Early Childhood Intervention Specialist (Age 3-Grade 3)
- Mild to Moderate Intervention Specialist (K-12)
- Moderate to Intensive Intervention Specialist (K-12)
- Core curriculum prepares you to work effectively with pupils who experience physical, learning and/or emotional differences.
In addition, the LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education offers Dual Licensure for Intervention Specialist for students pursuing a Middle Level Teacher Education program.
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
- Center for Literacy at The University of Akron
- H. K. Barker Center for Economic Education
- Urban STEM Education Center
- Akron Public Schools I PROMISE School
- Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program: STEM
- Community Connectors Mentoring Program (Barberton High School)
- National Inventor's Hall of Fame STEM Middle School (Akron Public Schools)
- NE Ohio ACHIEVE TESOL Training
- FIRST Lego League
- Intervention - Mild/Moderate — B.S.E.
- Intervention - Moderate/Intensive — B.S.E.
- Early Childhood Intervention — B.S.E.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.