Student Learning GoalsOur “learning goals” form the foundation of the CBA’s curriculum:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of core business fundamentals.
- Demonstrate ability to apply core business fundamentals through case analyses and simulations.
- Understand and show appreciation for the global nature of contemporary business.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically.
- Work effectively in teams that include diverse individuals.
- Have information technology and knowledge management skills.
- Understand, identify and address ethical circumstances and dilemmas and the responsibility of business professionals in society.
- Demonstrate an understanding of an appreciation for leadership.
Achieving these goals will prepare you for success along your path to graduation and beyond.
How can you achieve these goals?As a CBA student, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply this fundamental and crucial knowledge through courses and extracurricular activities, such as:
- Completing and following your My Academic Pathway (MAP) plan.
- Adhering to the 15/15 credit-work schedule.
- Adding a minor or second major to broaden your experiences and make you more marketable.
- Taking a 1-credit-hour workshop.
- Studying abroad to appreciate the global nature of business and work with diverse individuals.
- Joining a student organization to develop and understand your leadership abilities while also working on your communication skills.
- Participating in regional and national competitions to learn through case analyses, and to work effectively in a team.
- Completing an internship to understand and apply core business fundamentals.
- Completing a Certificate of Leadership Advancement.
Need help in achieving these goals? Contact your academic adviser to help you along your academic path. Our goal is for you to not just be successful during your academic journey, but for you to be successful after you graduate. Demonstrating these goals will prepare you for your job search and throughout your career.