Student Learning Goals
Our “learning goals” form the foundation of the CBA’s curriculum:
- Demonstrate integrated business knowledge and apply core business fundamentals
- Demonstrate a global perspective and cross-cultural awareness
- Use writing skills and oral communication skills to persuade and mobilize action
- Be informed decision makers
- Analyze data using quantitative techniques
- Recognize ethical dilemmas and understand how to address them
- Develop leadership and collaborative competencies
Achieving these goals will prepare you for success along your path to graduation and beyond.
How can you achieve these goals?
As a CBA student, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply this fundamental and crucial knowledge through courses and extracurricular activities, such as:
- Completing and following your My Academic Pathway (MAP) plan.
- Adhering to the 15/15 credit-work schedule.
- Adding a minor or second major to broaden your experiences and make you more marketable.
- Taking a 1-credit-hour workshop.
- Studying abroad to appreciate the global nature of business and work with diverse individuals.
- Joining a student organization to develop and understand your leadership abilities while also working on your communication skills.
- Participating in regional and national competitions to learn through case analyses, and to work effectively in a team.
- Completing an internship to understand and apply core business fundamentals.
- Completing a Certificate of Leadership Advancement.
Need help in achieving these goals? Contact your academic adviser to help you along your academic path. Our goal is for you to not just be successful during your academic journey, but for you to be successful after you graduate. Demonstrating these goals will prepare you for your job search and throughout your career.