The Office of Inclusion and Equity supports several academic programs designed to help our students succeed.
- Academic Achievement Programs
- Advising: Four-Phase Advising or 4PAS
- Learning Communities
- Orientation: "Advance," the two-day orientation for new multicultural students
- Peer Mentoring Services
- Scholarship opportunities
- Student Success Center
EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
2016 Black Male Summit
UA will host the 2016 ninth annual Black Male Summit on April 8-9, 2016.
Since its inception, summit has brought together national thought leaders, educators, and policy makers from around the nation to address the educational and social disparity among our African American Male population. Our goal is to move forward with solutions and not rehash deficit perspectives.
- Women's History Month - March
- Women's Trailblazers - September
- China Week
- Diversity Week
- Hispanic Outreach
- Increasing Diversity in Engineering Academics (IDEAs) Program
- President’s Annual Forum on Inclusive Excellence
- Strive Toward Excellence Program
- African American Male Initiative
- Latino American Symposium on Education and Research: Advancements in Hispanic Educational Attainment (LASER) - October 26, 2015
Rethinking Race - February 2016
Returning in February: UA's two-week examination of race issues, with speakers, films, "Face 2 Face" conversations, exhibits and more.