Academic Areas of Study
At The University of Akron, choose from nearly 200 undergraduate academic programs! We offer associate and bachelor's degrees, as well as accelerated programs where you can earn your bachelor's and master's in just five years.
Not sure what to study? The resources below can help guide you.
Career Center | A resource guide for all professions
Focus2 | A free major and career assessment
NACE salary calculator | Use this to predict your future earnings
UA Rankings and accomplishments
- The College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering is home to the WORLD’s LARGEST polymer academic program and greatest concentration of polymer expertise - helping to establish Northeast Ohio as an advanced functional materials hub that competes on the world stage in the development and commercialization of materials for many industries.
- The College of Engineering is the fourth fastest growing engineering college in the U.S. The College’s student design teams consistently rank highly in national and international competitions.
- Only 2% of business schools worldwide have dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting – UA’s College of Business Administration is one of them.
- The Industrial/Organizational Psychology program has been ranked among the nation’s top 10 by many different ranking systems for over 20 years.
- We have the No. 2 Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program in the U.S.
Most popular majors for international students
- Business administration
- Computer science and other IT fields
- Engineering technology
- Math (including applied math)
- Natural sciences, including biology, chemistry and related fields
- Respiratory therapy technology
English Language Institute
International students can also apply for our English Language Institute to learn English. The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program is designed for students who plan to attend a university in the United States. The program focuses on the English skills required for success in university coursework.
EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 400 international student advising centers in more than 170 countries. The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States.
EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. EducationUSA is your official source on U.S. higher education.