Tuition & Scholarships for International Students
Tuition and personal costs
Estimated annual expenses:
|Tuition & fees||$16,000|
|On-campus room & board *||$11,220 (see source)|
* The University offers many housing and dining options. The room-and-board charges are estimated using mid-range costs for housing and the most popular meal plan (board), providing two meals a day.
If you bring dependents [spouse and/or child(ren)], add $3,315 per dependent to the total.
Residency: In general, international students are considered out-of-state residents for their entire college career. If you are an international student with certain special situations, please visit in-state residency for more information.
In addition to our already very affordable cost of attendance, The University of Akron offers a variety of scholarship packages for international students to help them pursue their education.
For new freshman only, the following three scholarships are available:
To be considered for scholarships, all students must provide official ACT or SAT scores as part of the application.
The Akron Guarantee Scholarship (AGS) is awarded at levels between $1,000 and $7,500 in the first year. What makes the AGS unique is that it increases in value at 30, 60 and 90 credits earned. Learn more.
Akron Advantage is a tuition surcharge waiver.
Out-of-state recipients of the Akron Guarantee Scholarship (both international students and out-of-state American students) will automatically receive an annual $3,000 tuition surcharge waiver. So if you receive the minimum $1000 Akron Guarantee Scholarship in the first year, you will save $20,000 in total cost of attendance in four years. If you receive the maximum $7,500 in the first year, you will save $46,000 in total cost of attendance in four years.
- There is no separate application.
The Akron International Scholars Award (AISA) is a full tuition, room and board scholarship awarded to ONE outstanding applicant who also demonstrates a significant financial need.
How to Apply
- Complete the application below.
- AISA applicants may apply with unofficial documents (transcript, English proficiency test, SAT / ACT tests, etc.) to avoid the cost in submitting official documents.
- Send the unofficial documents and completed application to: International Recruitment
- AISA is only available for fall semesters. The application deadline is Feb 15th.
After you Apply
- The AISA recipient should receive notification by the first week of March.
- Applicants who are NOT selected for AISA will also receive a notification.
- If you are not selected for AISA you will also NOT be evaluated for admission, unless your financial situation has changed and you want to continue to be evaluated. Then, please let us know by emailing.
Akron Guarantee Scholarship
The Akron Guarantee Scholarship is also available for international transfer students with a different initial amount. Your initial award will be determined by your college GPA. Then at the end of the academic year, your progress will be evaluated to determine an increase in your scholarship.
If you transfer from U.S. university or college:
|When do you want to start?||Submit your application by:||Submit your transcript, application fee and all required items by:|
|Nov 15||Dec 1|
|April 15||May 1|
|June 15||July 1|
If you transfer from a foreign university or college:
|When do you want to start?||Submit your application, application fee and all required items by:|
- The Gorazde International Student Fund, for Eastern European students.
- The Samir and Salma Gibara International Business Fellowships
- Canadian Friends of The University of Akron