Plan your Arrival to The University of Akron
We are eager to welcome you to Akron and assist you in achieving your academic and career goals!
Please read this page carefully and follow the steps below to ensure you are fully prepared for your travels to The University of Akron and our region.
Note to admitted students:
Intent to enroll:
- If you have not already let us know, please fill out this "intent to enroll" form.
If you need to defer:
Arrival dates to plan around
1. To the U.S.
F-1 or J-1 students, are permitted to enter the United States up to 30 days before the start of your program.
2. To The University of Akron
3. When you must be on campus
On-campus orientation (Spring 2019 semester was Wednesday, January 9, 2019).
- Orientation on campus is mandatory for ALL new international students INCLUDING those transferring from another U.S. institution.
- Please purchase your flights accordingly.
Information to help prepare you for Akron:
- Immigration: Get your I-20 or DS-2019
- Getting to Akron
- Choose housing
- Pre-purchase bedding & towels
- Set up your UA email
- Confirmation fees
- For undergraduate students only
- Online orientation
- On-campus orientation
- Class registration
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing
- Required immigration check in
- Health insurance
- Paying bills
- Cell phone
- Updating your personal information and emergency notifications
- For parents
- For students under 18 years old
- For Global Nomads/Third Culture Kids