Application Process (Deadline Friday, January 11, 2019)
The NE Ohio ACHIEVE Cohort application for June 2019 is now live. Applications will only be accepted online.
In addition to basic demographic and teaching experience information, you will need to provide the following information for all universities and/or colleges attended (including The University of Akron).
- Name and location of Institution
- Dates attended
- Degree awarded
- Date completed (or anticipated)
- GPA of 3.0 in the most recent program with 12 credit hour min in coursework required
Short answer questions include:
- Briefly explain why you are interested in a TESOL Endorsement
- Briefly explain what you expect to get out of this training
An essay response (350-500 words) is also required addressing the following question:
- What are your thoughts and beliefs about how to best meet the needs of English Learners in your classroom?
Please have your official transcripts from any university listed on your application (other than The University of Akron) sent to:
Nancy A. Lupi
The University of Akron
Department of Curricular & Instructional Studies
Zook Hall, Room 215
Akron, OH 44325-4205