Nutrition and Dietetics Advisory Board
Mission and vision
The Board exists to assist the faculty, staff, and students of The University of Akron in ensuring an optimal educational experience.
The purpose of the Nutrition/Dietetic Programs (NDP) Advisory Board is to assist and support the Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP), the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), the Food and Environmental Science Program (FEN), the Nutrition Center, and the Graduate Program in Dietetics at the University of Akron.
The Board serves an advisory role that provides strategic direction and resources for the programs. It also enhances the programs enabling competencies of people, documented excellence, student success, community engagement and shared leadership.
President: Amanda Privitera
Vice President: Amber Gorman
Secretary: Brian Manning
Treasurer: Carla Winner
Board members: Theresa Beyerle, Elliott Callahan, Amber Gorman, Caryn Heller, Shannon Kane, Yvonne Marzick, Caitlin Pelat, Dawn Saurer, Anthony Scolaro, Maggie Simenc, Johanna Tanno, Christina Ughrin, Kristine Willings, Kevin Strub.
- To continue to provide financial support and resources for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enrich the educational opportunities and academic support to the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enhance the advocacy for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs to the community, industry, and The University of Akron.
- Continue with the financial growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs Advisory Board Scholarship and support other needs of the program.
- To identify new revenue streams to support the growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs.
- To support and advocate for N/D programs during the University of Akron reorganization process.
- To expand mechanisms for Board Member- Student Mentorship activities.
- To support Nutrition and Dietetic academic programs' accreditations.
- To enhance and update Board webpage, board member orientation process and bylaws as needed.
If you would like to know more information on making a donation to the scholarship endowment, please call 330-972-7319 or contact:
The University of Akron
NDP Advisory Board
School of Nutrition and Dietetics
Schrank Hall South 210
Akron, Ohio 44325-6102