Department of Political Science
POLITICAL SCIENCE STUDY; DESIGNED FOR THE REAL WORLD JOB MARKET
The Department of Political Science at the University of Akron offers a BA in Political Science, a BS in Political Science/Criminal Justice, a Masters (MA) in Political Science, a Masters in Applied Politics (MAP), and a MAP/JD degree that are all geared to maximize student success.
Where our graduates work
Political campaigns, Congressional offices, the Intelligence Community, the State Department, the FBI, police departments, political consultancies, academia, think tanks, military leadership, etc.
Olin Hall houses the Department of Political Science and the Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics.
Visit us in room 201!
Department of Political Science
John Green, Department Chair
Nancy Marion, Director of Graduate Studies
Akron, OH 44325-1904
Fall 2015 Political Science Course Lists
Contact Beth Raies at 330-972-7406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2015 Political Science course lists
The following links contain the course offerings for the Political Science Department for Summer 2015:
Call 330-972-7406 or email@example.com.
Political Science Masters Degree is the pathway to your success!
The Department of Political Science offers number of options for graduate studies that are geared toward preparing students for many different career options. Our faculty members are renowned in their fields and have great success mentoring students to achieve their career goals. Check out how a UA Political Science graduate degree can be your path to success!
For more information please check out the Graduate Bulletin or contact the Department of Political Science at 330-972-7406
Consideration for applications for Fall graduate assistantships will begin March 1 and continue until April 1.
Interested in Security Studies Careers?
The best way to gain experience and maximize your opportunity for a great career starts with an internship. If you interested in Security Studies but are not sure where to start, take a look at:
- Internship portals for government agencies, think tanks, the United Nations, and general Federal internships.
Please contact Dr. Kaltenthaler about the Security Studies program and discuss the amazing opportunities that await you!
New -- MA in Political Science - Security Studies Track
We live in a world, where security issues often dominate the national policy agenda. In response to the growing need for national security professionals, the Department of Political Science at the University of Akron now offers the Master of Arts Degree in Political Science-Security Studies Track. This course of study is intended to prepare professionals in the world of national security occupations. Please check out this information on the Security Studies track
Contact Dr. Kaltenthaler today for more information on this amazing program.
Political Science in the Media
- July 28: The Karl Rove event—and the momentum of Republican candidate Donald Trump—were discussed on WAKR-AM this morning by John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics.
- July 23: John Green appeared on Minnesota Public Radio to discuss the Pew Report released earlier this year detailing that more younger Americans than ever are not attached to a faith.
- July 23: John Green will participate in a panel discussion that is part of a watch party for the August 6 Republican presidential debate in Cleveland. Cleveland.com has the details.
- July 23: Professor David Cohen is quoted in a Boston Globe story about presidential candidate Donald Trump’s wealth and how the candidate discusses the subject.
- July 22: Professor David Cohen has been interviewed for a WBNS-TV 10 (Columbus) story on Ohio Gov. John Kasich formally announcing his presidential campaign.
- July 21: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a Los Angeles Times story about the presidential hopes of Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- July 20: Professor David Cohen’s comments are part of a WKSU-FM story on the race for the Republican nomination and Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s standing as he officially enters the field tomorrow. Cohen also appeared on WHBC-AM’s Ron Ponder Show to discuss Governor Kasich and Donald Trump.
- July 15: John Green is quoted in a cleveland.com story on how the JobsOhio program might be viewed during Gov. John Kasich’s presidential campaign.
- July 15: Professor David Cohen appeared on WOSU-FM as part of a program focused on Jimmy Carter’s presidential legacy.