POLITICAL SCIENCE STUDY; DESIGNED FOR THE REAL WORLD JOB MARKET:
The Department of Political Science at the University of Akron offers a BA in Political Science, a BS in Political Science/Criminal Justice, a Masters (MA) in Political Science, a Masters in Applied Politics (MAP), and a MAP/JD degree that are all geared to maximize student success.
OUR STUDENTS HAVE FOUND JOBS IN:
Political campaigns, Congressional offices, the Intelligence Community, the State Department, the FBI, police departments, political consultancies, academia, think tanks, military leadership, etc.
Olin Hall houses the Department of Political Science and the Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics.
Visit us in room 201!
John Green, Department ChairNancy Marion, Director of Graduate StudiesAkron, OH 44325-1904(330) 972-7406 ph(330) 972-8841 fax
2015 Political Science Fall Course Lists
The following links contain the course offerings for the Political Science Department for Fall 2015.
Phone: (330) 972-7406
2015 Political Science Summer Course Lists
The following links contain the course offerings for the Political Science Department for Summer 2015.
Phone: (330) 972-7406
Political Science Masters Degree is the pathway to your success!
The Department of Political Science offers number of options for graduate studies that are geared toward preparing students for many different career options. Our faculty members are renowned in their fields and have great success mentoring students to achieve their career goals. Check out how a UA Political Science graduate degree can be your path to success!
For more information please check out the Graduate Bulletin or contact the Department of Political Science today at 330-972-7406
Consideration for applications for Fall graduate assistantships will begin March 1 and continue until April 1.
New -- MA in Political Science - Security Studies Track
We live in a world, where security issues often dominate the national policy agenda. In response to the growing need for national security professionals, the Department of Political Science at the University of Akron now offers the Master of Arts Degree in Political Science-Security Studies Track. This course of study is intended to prepare professionals in the world of national security occupations. Please check out this information on the Security Studies track
Contact Dr. Kaltenthaler today for more information on this amazing program.
Interested in Security Studies Careers?
Are you interested in Security Studies but are not sure where to start?
Follow this link for valuable resources on resume writing, interview skills and other valuable information.
If you are looking for a National Security internship, be sure to check out the resources above before you check out this link about amazing opportunities.
The best way to gain experience and maximize your opportunity for a great career starts with an internship.
Please contact Dr. Kaltenthaler about the Security Studies program and discuss the amazing opportunities that await you!
Political Science in the Media
- April 21: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, was interviewed on the Jasen Sokol Show about Governor John Kasich’s possible run for the presidency (no audio available).
- April 20: Professor David Cohen appeared on this morning’s Ron Ponder Show on WHBC-AM to discuss the 2016 presidential campaign and Ohio’s U.S. Senate race (no audio available).
- April 20: Professor Karl Kaltenthaler is quoted throughout a Junior Scholastic story titled, “5 Things to Know about ISIS.”
- April 15: John Green is quoted in a Bloomberg story on the governors of Ohio and Wisconsin and their relationship with organized labor. Green also took part in a panel discussion on WCPN-FM on the growing field of candidates eyeing the 2016 presidential election.
- April 14: John Green is quoted in a story in The Plain Dealer about the Ohio House proposing changes to Gov. John Kasich’s proposed budget.
- April 12: Professor David Cohen is quoted in The Blade in a story on efforts to legalize marijuana in Ohio.
- April 11: Professor David Cohen is quoted in a USA Today story on an early question that will face the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.
- April 7: Comments from John Green are included in stories on WKSU-FM and WCBE-FM highlighting results from a new poll on the race between U.S. Senator Rob Portman and former Ohio governor Ted Strickland.
- April 3: John Green did an interview on WAKR-AM on Indiana's controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act (no audio available). John Green was also interviewed by WTVN-AM about the possibility of Ohio Governor John Kasich running on the GOP presidential ticket.