POLITICAL SCIENCE STUDY; DESIGNED FOR THE REAL WORLD JOB MARKET:
The Department of Political Science at the University of Akron offers a BA in Political Science, a BS in Political Science/Criminal Justice, a Masters (MA) in Political Science, a Masters in Applied Politics (MAP), and a MAP/JD degree that are all geared to maximize student success.
OUR STUDENTS HAVE FOUND JOBS IN:
Political campaigns, Congressional offices, the Intelligence Community, the State Department, the FBI, police departments, political consultancies, academia, think tanks, military leadership, etc.
Alumni on the Move
The Ohio Supreme Court today announced Michael Farley as its Judicial and Legislative Affairs Counsel. In this role, Farley will serve as the primary liaison between the Supreme Court and the Ohio General Assembly, with communication responsibility with governmental entities and judicial associations on legislative matters affecting the judicial branch. He will also be involved in other projects in the legal and policy areas.
Farley graduated from the University of Akron with a bachelor of arts in political science and history. He earned a Master of Public Administration from Ohio University and received his law degree from Capital University Law School.
Olin Hall houses the Department of Political Science and the Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics.
Visit us in room 201!
John Green, Department ChairNancy Marion, Director of Graduate StudiesAkron, OH 44325-1904(330) 972-7406 ph(330) 972-8841 fax
2015 Political Science Fall Course Lists
The following links contain the course offerings for the Political Science Department for Fall 2015.
Phone: (330) 972-7406
2015 Political Science Summer Course Lists
The following links contain the course offerings for the Political Science Department for Summer 2015.
Phone: (330) 972-7406
Political Science Masters Degree is the pathway to your success!
The Department of Political Science offers number of options for graduate studies that are geared toward preparing students for many different career options. Our faculty members are renowned in their fields and have great success mentoring students to achieve their career goals. Check out how a UA Political Science graduate degree can be your path to success!
For more information please check out the Graduate Bulletin or contact the Department of Political Science today at 330-972-7406
Consideration for applications for Fall graduate assistantships will begin March 1 and continue until April 1.
New -- MA in Political Science - Security Studies Track
We live in a world, where security issues often dominate the national policy agenda. In response to the growing need for national security professionals, the Department of Political Science at the University of Akron now offers the Master of Arts Degree in Political Science-Security Studies Track. This course of study is intended to prepare professionals in the world of national security occupations. Please check out this information on the Security Studies track
Contact Dr. Kaltenthaler today for more information on this amazing program.
Interested in Security Studies Careers?
Are you interested in Security Studies but are not sure where to start?
Follow this link for valuable resources on resume writing, interview skills and other valuable information.
If you are looking for a National Security internship, be sure to check out the resources above before you check out this link about amazing opportunities.
The best way to gain experience and maximize your opportunity for a great career starts with an internship.
Please contact Dr. Kaltenthaler about the Security Studies program and discuss the amazing opportunities that await you!
Political Science in the Media
- May 18: In continuing coverage, professor John Green is quoted by NBC News for a story on the results of the latest Pew research into the role of religion in American life.
- May 15: David Cohen comments on the campaign for U.S. Senate by Cincinnati councilman P.G. Sittenfeld in this story by The Enquirer.
- May 14: John Green, director of UA's Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a Rapid News Network story on the changing religious landscape of the United States.
- May 13: In continuing coverage that has now gone worldwide, John Green is quoted in the South China Morning Post in a story on the results of a new survey on changing religious beliefs in America. Closer to home, John Green appeared in two segments of the KTRH-AM morning show (Houston, TX) this morning to discuss the results of the Pew Research Center research. You can hear the conversation that occurred in morning drive at 6:18 a.m. and continuing at 6:23 a.m.
- May 13: John Green is also quoted in a story in The Washington Post on President Obama’s meeting with Catholics and evangelicals about poverty issues.
- May 12: John Green is quoted in a story on new survey results reported by USA Today and other major news outlets nationwide on changing religious beliefs in America.
- May 11: The views of John Green are cited throughout an Akron Beacon Journal story on the surprise resignation of Akron Mayor Don Plusquellic.
- May 11: Steve Brooks is quoted in a separate Akron Beacon Journal story on those who may be interested in Plusquellic’s job.
- May 11: WVXU-FM quotes John Green for a story looking at the possible importance of a presidential candidacy of Ohio Gov. John Kasich to the GOP.