HERE'S HOW TO...
- Login to My Akron
- Click on Student Center
- Click Accept/Decline Awards under Finances
- Click on year desired
- Click boxes for awards you choose to accept
- Click Submit
- Click Yes
- Click OK
- Confirm changes were successfully processed
1. Obtain a federal FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID)
- The FSA ID acts as your electronic signature on the FAFSA.
- Create your FSA ID at studentaid.ed.gov.
2. Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- FAFSA is available online at fafsa.gov.
- The University of Akron's Federal School Code is 003123.
- File before December 1 to be considered for the maximum amount of aid.
- You can still complete the FAFSA after December 1.
3. You will receive your SAR (Student Aid Report) from the U.S. Department of Education
- The SAR summarizes the information you provided on the FAFSA and indicates your Expected Family Contribution, which will help determine your need.
- If you've made a mistake on your FAFSA, you can make corrections at fafsa.gov.