SCHOOL OF LAW
What makes us great
- Our intellectual property (IP), trial advocacy and part-time programs have been ranked among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report. We also have consistently earned high grades for IP, trail advocacy/litigation and practical training from National Jurist preLaw Magazine.
- Our renowned trial advocacy teams have won more than 20 national and regional championships. Nearly every year for the past 20 years, our mock trial team has been among the top 16 teams nationwide invited to participate in the National Institute for Trial Advocacy competition.
- Through pro bono service and clinical programs — such as the Trademark Clinic, Small Entrepreneur and Economic Development (SEED) Clinic, Reentry Clinic, Inmate Assistance Program and Domestic Relations Court Clinic — our students make a difference in the community.
- We provide flexible options for earning your degree, including spring, summer and fall start options; part-time studies; blended online and in-person classes; and joint degree and certificate programs — all at an affordable price.
- We frequently rank among the top schools in Ohio for bar exam passage, and our graduates’ employment rate has consistently exceeded 90% in recent years, surpassing the national average. Our J.D./LL.M. (Master of Laws) and IP Certificate holders enjoy an employment rate at or near 100%.
- Our recently renovated C. Blake McDowell Law Center features the latest classroom technology, the state-of-the-art David and Ann Amer Brennan Courtroom, plentiful study space and the beautiful Beatrice K. McDowell Common with a café and fireplace.