What is a Mentor Teacher?
An experienced teacher who demonstrates expertise in the classroom regarding teaching and learning, is skilled in interpersonal relationships, and is interested in giving back to the profession by guiding a student teacher or field experience student. Responsible for demonstrating how to put into practice the principles of teaching and learning and showing the teacher candidate how to do the same.
Important Dates and Information
- Welcome letter from the Coordinator
- Checklist of materials Mentors need to turn in
- Important dates you should know
- Recommended Weekly Teaching Schedule
- Recommended Teacher Candidate Mentoring Model
- Models of Co-teaching
- AYA Student Teachers
- Non-AYA Student Teachers
- Qualities of a Mentor
- What is expected of the Mentor?
- edTPA information for School Districts