ROTC nursing scholarships and training
The University of Akron Army ROTC has a close and long-standing relationship with the School of Nursing.
The Army is always looking for the most talented and qualified nurses. If you are interested in a full scholarship, in gaining some of the most relevant experience in the field, and in having the experience of a lifetime, look no further than Akron Army ROTC.
- 100% Tuition and Normal Student Fees (resident and non-resident)
- Full Room and Board scholarship
- $300 - $500 Monthly Stipend •$600 per semester Book Allowance ($1,200 per year)
- Scholarship students serve 4 years Active Duty and 4 Years Reserve or Ready Reserve •Some may serve 6 years in Reserves or National Guard and 2 years Ready Reserve
- ROTC Class –2 credit hours for Freshman and Sophomore level course –3 credit hours for Junior and Senior level course
- Physical Training Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Leadership Lab every other week (1 credit hour)
- An Army Officer producing program in colleges across the country
- Commissioned as a Second Lieutenant after four years and degree completion
- A Four Year College Program – an ROTC class is taken every semester
- No commitments until the start of your junior year (unless you accept a scholarship)
- Develops leadership and management skills for Army and Civilian careers
- Starting salary for Officers of approximately $38,000 per year plus medical and dental benefits for yourself and dependents
- Guaranteed employment
To find out more about The University of Akron's School of Nursing, visit the school's website.