School of Education Current Students
The Fall ’22 Student Teaching Application has closed.
If you need assistance please email: email@example.com
Course registration assistance
If you have been admitted to the School of Education and need assistance registering for education courses, click below for details.
If you have met prerequisites for a class but need help getting into it:
- Contact your academic adviser in the School of Education.
Dr. Kim Beyer (student last names A-F)
Mr. Anthony LoVullo (student last names G-M)
Mr. Justin McHenry (student last names (N-Z)
If your course requires faculty approval to register (including closed/full sections):
- Obtain their written approval and forward that to your adviser to assist with enrollment.
For all override requests:
- Submit an email to your advisor with your student ID number, name of the course, course number and section number
- Place the course you want/need in your shopping cart in your My Akron Student Center
Graduate students and Post-Bacc students:
Contact your faculty adviser in the School of Education for class registration assistance. If you are unsure of who your faculty advisor is contact Dr. Lenhart.
Refer to the following checklist for Fall 2022 student teaching orientation.
Career Services Coordinator
Liaison to the School of Education
View contact info and bio
New job listings are frequently added to our webpage, many of which come from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Teaching jobs in Akron Public Schools posted on our website
- Handshake online job board
- Ohio Department of Education
The LeBron James Family Foundation School of Education and the I Promise School are partnering to offer a unique learning opportunity for LJFF COE students. Students can choose to join a learning community, block schedule 2-3 courses, and spend extended time at the I Promise School. This “lived-in” teacher education model will provide teacher candidates with an enriched field experience. A learning community is limited to 15 students and registration is controlled.
- Take the first step in joining a community by completing the online course request form.
- See flyer for more information
- Pre-admission Advising
- Undergraduate programs in Education
- Graduate programs in Education
- School of Education Scholarships
Current students resources
- Application for student teaching
- Student Teaching & Field Experience
- Employment Opportunities
- NE Ohio ACHIEVE (TESOL)
- Professional Development Workshops
- Student Organizations and Service-Focused Programs
- RESA (Resident Educator Summative Assessment)
- Add / Drop a course
- Are you on track for graduation?
Office of Student Services
Zook Hall, Room 002
Akron, OH 44325