Reading your bill: How to figure out the total amount due

This page will help you understand how to view your outstanding charges, anticipated financial aid and the total amount due, if applicable.

To view your charges:

  1. Log in to My Akron and go to the Student Center
  2. Under the Finances section, you’ll see a dropdown menu with the heading “More Financial Applications.” 
  3. Select Account Inquiry from the dropdown menu to view your outstanding charges, pending financial aid, and the total amount due after your anticipated aid is applied.

If your pending financial aid is more than your charges, the total due will be blank and you owe nothing. If there is a balance, please pay by the deadline indicated below, based on the date you registered for classes.

An example of the display of a student bill inside My Akron.

You may also sign up for the Promise to Pay Payment Plan by clicking on “Sign Up for the Promise to Pay Payment Plan” in the Finances section of My Akron and following the on-screen instructions.

About financial aid

Financial aid (grants, loans, scholarships) will be credited to your account 10 days before your first day of class. For example, if your classes start on Aug. 23  and you've completed the requirements for your loans (entrance counseling, promissory notes, etc.), the funds will be credited to your student account on Aug. 13.

Once financial aid is credited to your account, any excess refundable aid will be released to you in a refund. If you have signed up for direct deposit under E-refund, you will see the excess aid in your bank account within 3 to 4 business days from the time the funds are released by the Student Accounts/Cashier’s Office. If you do not sign up for E-refund, you will be mailed a refund check which could take up to 10 business days to receive.

We are excited to welcome you to campus this fall and look forward to serving you. If you have questions about your charges, please contact Student Accounts at 330-972-5100 or

If you have questions about your pending financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.