New Roo Weekend: Make it memorable
Faculty/ Staff/ Roo Crew roles
- Welcome team at each building as students enter their team meeting locations on 8/23 and 8/24.
- Directional ambassadors stationed around campus to ensure all new students know where to go, and how to get to their team meeting
- Times: 8/23, 8 to 9:30am; 8/24, 9 to 10:30am
- Welcome Walk and Convocation
- Starting at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 25, serve as greeters for Convocation and compose the Welcome Walk for new students as they enter Rhodes Arena for Convocation, set for 1 to 1:45 p.m.
- Attend Convocation and afterward, lead students to RooFest.
- Have lunch with new students
- Volunteers will pay for lunch themselves, but be assigned a new roo weekend group to eat with
- Goal – to be welcoming, inviting, answer questions and generally engage the students
- Locations will be in the Union, Rob’s and Trackside
- Times depend on group assigned:
- Friday, Aug. 23: 11 a.m. to noon, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 24: 12:15 to 1:15 p.m., 1:15 to 2:15 p.m.
- Attend evening events on Friday and Saturday with a particular New Roo Weekend group
- Volunteers will be assigned a specific new roo weekend group
- Goal is to engage students, answer questions about the University and generally create a welcoming and inclusive environment – a sense of belonging for students