National Alumni Board
UA’s 24-member volunteer National Alumni Board is dedicated to enhancing the relationship between the University and its graduates, current students, prospective students and friends.
A message from Chairwoman Nikki Douglas
Fellow UA Alumni,
On behalf of more than 180,000 alumni worldwide, I want to welcome you as members of The University of Akron Alumni Association. Like our first graduate, Susie Chamberlain class of 1873, you are Forever a Zip! There are many ways our alumni can lift up our alma mater. Start with these simple ideas that inspire pride and build our community of dedicated Zips.
- Wear Your Blue & Gold: Wherever, whenever – proudly wear your Akron Zips gear.
- Talk Us Up: Share your Akron Experience with prospective students, parents and fellow alumni.
- Come Back Home: Over 120,000 alumni live right here in the state of Ohio. It’s a perfect day trip to visit campus and see the changes over the years. We encourage you to come back home and visit the Alumni Association for a tour.
Other great ways to stay connected and engaged with your alma mater include joining the Roo Crew, our alumni volunteer program, to letting us know what you are up to by submitting a class note. Explore options below to see how you can engage with UA.
Thank you for reading and I do hope you will come back. Your input is important to our work. If you have any thoughts, ideas or comments on how we can better serve our UA alumni, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Attn: NAB.
Thank you. Wishing you the very best, and as always, Go Zips!
Forever a Zip,
Chairwoman Nikki Douglas `07
Helpful resources and benefits
No dues. No levels. No hassle. Commencement signifies the beginning of your automatic membership to the Alumni Association - a global network of more than 180,000 peers, friends and Zips. Be a part of the excitement; stay connected and be involved!
- See resources & benefits for Alumni including career services
- View the Legacy Scholarship
- We want to hear about your successes: Send us your news
- Stay connected with us: Update your contact info