The UC will operate under the principles of consultative decision-making whereby the opinion and advice of the UC membership are sought, but where decision-making authority remains with the Board of Trustees and its appointed agent, the University President. The UC provides the integrated framework for both strategic and ongoing planning, decision-making and oversight of the University's strategic plan. It helps to ensure that the goals and objectives of the strategic plan are realized.
The Executive Committee is responsible for agenda-setting and coordination of the work of University Council to facilitate deliberation, communication and action. The Executive Committee is comprised of eight voting members of the UC, with the senior vice president and provost serving as an ex officio non-voting member.
Executive Committee Members:
- Rex Ramsier, Ex Officio
- Harvey Sterns, Ex Officio
- Philip Allen, Chair
- Ruth Nine-Duff, Vice Chair
- Tonia Ferrell, Secretary
- Jeanette Carson, CPAC Representative
- Linda Saliga, Faculty Senate Representative
- Hailey Cargill, GSG Representative
- Marjorie Hartleben, SEAC Representative
- Taylor Bennington, USG Representative
The eight standing committees are each comprised of 12 elected members and an appointed administrator. The standing committees provide recommendations to the University Council for action on policy, operations, organization and other matters related to the committee domain.
- Budget and Finance
- Institutional Advancement
- Information Technology
- Physical Environment
- Recreation and Wellness
- Student Engagement & Success
- Talent Development & Human Resources