DSST is a means of obtaining college credit by examination. As of 3/3/2022, the results of DSST can count for UA credit. When you pass a DSST exam, course credit will be added to your UA transcript if you select UA as the score recipient. Unofficial transcripts can be processed immediately only if the exam is taken at the CTC. Office score reports will be processed when received from Prometric (DSST).
If you are taking DSST for another institution, your official score report will be send to you and the institution you designate to determine transcripted credit.
More about DSST:
- DSST exams can be take at the Counseling & Testing Center - Testing Services, whether you are a student at the University of Akron or another school.
- The University of Akron accepts many DSST test results for college credit. UA students are encouraged to refer to this site for information about course credit guidelines for DSST.
- It is your responsibility to assure that the DSST test you select is correct for your purposes and institution.
- Non-University of Akron students should refer to their institution's prior learning assessment or alternative credit policies to determine whether an exam will count for college credit.
- To schedule an appointment to take a DSST test, call 330-972-7084. DSST charges $100 per test, effective 4/1/2021, and there is a $25 nonrefundable service fee to the University of Akron due prior to the exam administration. If you have an existing DSST account, please bring your log-in information to your appointment. You will be registered for your exam during your appointment.
- For further information, please visit the DSST website. Students with military service may be eligible for funding through DSST.