Free and confidential personal, career, group, and educational counseling for current students.
Proctoring services are available for a wide variety of exams, including prior learning, certification, admissions, and more.
Career testing and counseling
Assessments of your interests and values compared to a variety of majors and occupations, and 1:1 career counseling.
Doctoral training programs
Training and supervision to prospective psychologists.
Community support resources
The Counseling and Testing Center provides psychological services when the University is open. The following community services are available 24/7 throughout the year.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line - text START to 741-741
- Rape Crisis Hotline 330-434-7273
- Portage Path Psychiatric Emergency Services 330-762-6110
- Portage Path Psychiatric Support Hotline 330-434-9144
- www.infolineinc.org Online list of community resources
Location: Simmons Hall 306
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-4303
Spring and Fall Semester Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday-Friday: 8a-4:30 p.m.
Staff | About Us