If you are interested in CREATING games check out our course Interactive Game & Game Engine Design: 3460:316 where you will be introduced to basic concepts and techniques, and learn how to design and implement interactive computer games and game engines.
ABOUT UA ESPORTS
ABOUT UA ESPORTS
UA is one of the first 50 universities in the country to compete at a varsity level and we also offer club, and recreational gaming programs.
UA's varsity teams compete against other universities in League of Legends, Overwatch, CS:GO, Hearthstone and Rocket League. Our club program will include the aforementioned games and even more titles such as Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
We are recruiting players to fill slots on our varsity teams, fill out this form if you're interested. Scholarships will be awarded to varsity members. Players of all abilities are sought for intercollegiate and recreational competition on club teams.
Not a gamer but still interested? We're looking for students in engineering, computer science, communications, health and wellness, and other fields to help build our esports arenas, broadcast games, design materials, and assist with training and nutrition. All are welcome!
MORE ABOUT ESPORTS AT UA
- How UA freshman scored a college scholarship playing video games (Sept 2021)
- Zips Esports brings on Intel, Samsung as official partners (July 2021)
- Rocket League goes undefeated in Level Next Spring Showcase (June 2021)
- More than 60,000 watch as varsity Rocket League team wins fourth national title (May 2021)
- Esports fundraiser event scores big win for Akron Children’s Hospital (Feb 2021)
- UA Esports looks to add seventh varsity team (Jan 2021)