Guidelines for logos, color and sub-brands
The University of Akron wordmark is the master logo and key identifier of the institution. It consists of the words “The University of Akron” set in Caslon font and stacked so that the “U” and “A” align and overlap.
All printed materials from the university should bear the wordmark with the designation and comply with the standards outlined on these pages. Use either mark at your discretion.
Download the wordmark
Download the complete, compressed package. File includes all color variations in both horizontal/vertical orientations in .png and .eps formats, and are meant for use in professionally printed materials.
You will be unable to open an eps file directly unless you have Adobe Illustrator.
Guidelines for the wordmark
- The appearance of wordmark is never modified.
- The wordmark is not to be screened.
- To avoid stretching or skewing the wordmark simply click on any four of the corner points of the window that contains the mark and drag in or out to reduce or enlarge it.
- Type is never to be printed over the wordmark.
- Fonts included in the wordmark should not be substituted, stretched, condensed, etc.
The official colors for The University of Akron are:
Blue (PMS 282 C)
RGB 4 30 66
CMYK 100 90 13 68
Gold (PMS 7503 C)
RGB 168 153 104
CMYK 10 15 50 29
Metallic Gold for print only (PMS 871 C) - or 7503 flat gold
Sub-branding for colleges and departments
This section contains approved sub-branding typography for each of the University’s colleges and schools.
The sub-brands can appear in one, two, and three color versions using the university official logo colors.
To maintain the integrity of our brand, use only these sub-brands in your university communications.
No individual college of department logos should be created or used.
- For professional designers with Adobe Illustrator: Download the complete, compressed package of .eps files.
- For web and digital: Contact University Communications and Marketing.
The athletics site, GoZips.com, has the athletic marks for download on its brand guidelines page.
For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.