The PI is responsible for authorizing all monies spent on a sponsored project and ensures that all expenditures are reasonable and necessary, applicable to the project, and consistent with university policies.
UA's grant accountants navigate complex (and often cumbersome) Federal and State law, sponsor regulations, and UA policies and procedures to ensure costs are allowable, allocable, reasonable, and consistent with funding agency regulations.
- Interpret sponsor and university fiscal policies
- Process budget transfers and changes
- Report expenditures to sponsors
- Document cost sharing
- Administer subcontracts
- Submit financial and property reports to sponsors
- Invoicing and collections
- Monitor and approve spending for policy and procedural compliance