School of Communication Scholarships
A number of scholarship opportunities are available for returning students in the School of Communication:
- The Akron Press Club Scholarship Program
- The Ashton Prize Fund
- The Betty Jane Lichtenwalter Scholarship
- The Carl Dunkle & Margaret Allen Sheppard Scholarship
- The Evelyn Renner Denton Scholarship for Speech and Drama
- The Mary & Walter O"Neil Memorial Scholarship
- The Pixley Scholarships
- The Ruth B. Lewis Memorial Scholarship
- The Ryan C. Basora Scholarship
How to apply
- The deadline to apply for School of Communication scholarships is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2022.
- You have been admitted to the School of Communication
- 3.70 minimum G.P.A. (overall, not just in our majors)
- Complete the online application form linked below.
- As part of your application, you will need to submit:
- An updated resume
- A brief summary of your achievements (no less than 250-words) that explains why you deserve to receive a School of Communication Scholarship Award. Your summary should include a discussion of your academic achievements related to communication as well as any campus and community involvement.
For questions about scholarships, contact Dr. Amber Ferris at email@example.com or 330-972-7606.