Dean of Students' Office
We provide individualized care and support to students in need and work to create a healthy environment by promoting safety, healing and wellbeing for all students.
UPDATE: As the University response required by the coronavirus evolves
All of the services supported through the The Dean of Students Office remain operational and will continue to provide individualized support for students in need, including: Crisis, Assessment, Referral and Evaluation (CARE) team – personalized response to students at risk or with immediate need of support. (3/19/20)
Contact us by calling 330-972-6048 or emailing Mike Strong, Dean of Students, to arrange a meeting.
- Please contact us to schedule appointments in advance because drop-in appointments will not be accommodated until the University resumes in-person class instruction.
- You are encouraged to participate using WebEx, or by conference call if you prefer.
Title IX Response
Crisis Assessment Referral Evaluation Team (CARE)
Pride Month (June)
Every June, the LGBTQ+ community celebrates #pridemonth to recognize the influence LGBT people have had around the world. UA supports inclusion and offers a number of resources for LGBTQ+ community, students and allys.
See our resources and support page —available all year long!
Withdrawal due to extraordinary circumstances
Certified Peer Educator Program
Transfer evaluation form
You may be required to produce an academic and student conduct background check when transferring from UA. To complete this, you should:
- Fill in the form with name, address, email, phone, and student ID
- Sign the form to give the Dean of Students Office permission to release information
- Email the form to Barbara Ferrell, or drop the form at Student Union 152
- The Dean of Students Office will send to the college(s) and email you a copy.