Partnerships in medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy
Early Assurance Pathway (formerly Bacc/M.D.)
- Northeast Ohio Medical University College of Medicine
The Early Assurance Pathway is the newest partnership pathway in more than 40 years of collaboration between The University of Akron and Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) to educate future health care professionals. This unique opportunity allows UA students to secure a seat in a future medical school class as early as their second year of study at UA.
Each year NEOMED can accept up to 35 UA students into the Early Assurance Pathway. Students can apply in their second year of study at UA. More information.
- Northeast Ohio Medical University School of Pharmacy
The Pre-Pharmacy program is a partnership with NEOMED's College of Pharmacy and The University of Akron. UA students who complete the pre-requisites, meet GPA minimums, and apply by the partner university application deadline will receive an interview. More information.
NEOMED's College of Pharmacy also offers an Early Assurance Pathway. More information.
Early Acceptance Program (EAP)
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
The Early Acceptance Program (EAP) is a four-year undergraduate program of study at The University of Akron leading to Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) with a reserved seat in their College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, or School of Pharmacy.
Each year LECOM can admit up to five UA students into their College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, or School of Pharmacy. Students can apply in their senior year of high school or before the start of their third year at The University of Akron. More information.
* All of the partnerships programs require students to be either U.S. citizens or permanent residents with the exception of pharmacy. See the FAQs for each partnership for eligibility requirements.