International student enrollment: After admission
For undergraduate international students
Please note: This page is for you if you have been admitted. If you have yet to apply, go here to begin the application process.
1. Intent to Enroll form
After you are admitted, please fill out the Intent to Enroll form to tell us your decision regarding your admission to the university.
Why this step is important:
- It secures your seat at the university.
- It allows us to matriculate you as a UA student.
- It allows us to assign you your UANet ID for your account login, which enables you to register for classes and apply for housing, etc.
2. Obtain your I-20 and Visa
You will need an I-20 to apply for your student visa.
- Submit the following documents, so that we can create your I-20.
- Passport biographical (photo) page
- A bank statement or letter showing that you have enough funding to cover your education and living expenses.
- Complete the correct Declaration & Certification of Finances form for your degree level, found under the "Incoming students" tab.
- Submit your documents as PDFs (and any questions) to email@example.com.
3. Prepare to come to UA
Welcome! Find all you need to know to prepare for your exciting trip to Akron!
Need to defer?
- Should you need to defer your attendance to a later date, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for undergraduate and ELI students only.
*Please note: You are only allowed to defer twice (2) for a maximum of one (1) year. After you have reached your deferral limit, you must apply again, but you will be exempted from paying the application fee again.