After Admission for International Student
- Follow the steps below after you have been admitted to The University of Akron
- If you have yet to apply, begin the application process now ►
After you are admitted, please fill out the Intent to Enroll form to tell us your decision regarding your admission to the university.
Why this step is important:
- It secures your seat at the university.
- It allows us to matriculate you as a UA student.
- It allows us to assign you your UANet ID for your account login, which enables you to register for classes and apply for housing, etc.
You will need an I-20 to apply for your student visa.
- Submit the following documents, so that we can create your I-20.
- Passport biographical (photo) page
- A bank statement or letter showing that you have enough funding to cover your education and living expenses.
- Complete the correct Declaration & Certification of Finances form for your degree level, found under the "Incoming students" tab.
- Submit your documents as PDFs (and any questions you have) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to UA! Find all you need to know to prepare for your exciting trip to Akron!
For undergraduate and ELI students only complete this form if you:
- Need to defer* your attendance to a later date,
- Change your major before arrival, or
- Withdraw your admission.
*You are only allowed to defer twice (2) for a maximum of one (1) year. After you have reached your deferral limit, you must apply again, but you will be exempted from paying the application fee again.
- Note: If you are admitted but have not let us know, please confirm your decision now in this "intent to enroll" form.