Office of General Counsel
Buchtel Hall, Rexford Suite 63
Akron, OH 44325-4706
The General Counsel serves as the chief legal advisor to the Board of Trustees, the President and to University officers and administrators. The office is responsible to the Board of Trustees and to the President for the direction and supervision of all University legal matters.
M. Celeste Cook, right, is vice president and general counsel.
HOW DO I...?
- Request a public record?
- Learn more about student records?
- Find information about HIPAA?
- Get a document notarized?
- Learn more about immunity of state employees?
- Determine how long I should retain documents?
- Determine whether I can accept a nominal gift or be someone's guest at lunch?
- UA's Board of Trustees
- UA's Office of the President
- Ethical standards at UA
- Copyright compliance guidelines
- Privacy practices and policy
- Ohio Ethics Commission
- Contract compliance
- Campus safety: Annual Safety Statistics, also known as the Clery Report
- The Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards administers the Code of Student Conduct
- Student disclosure information
- Campus Free Speech and Reserving Outdoor Space on Campus
- University of Akron O.R.C. 3345.0214(A) Report