BUCHTEL COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Academic advisers will help students transitioning into the Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences (BCAS) to explore their interests, abilities and goals as well as relate them to academic plans and career goals. Your BCAS academic adviser will foster discussions with you in regard to academic performance and implications for academic program and career pathways. In addition, your BCAS adviser will assist you with the course registration process (including adding and dropping courses) and charting graduation requirements.
Your academic adviser can help you:
- decide on a major – change major, add a minor
- identify your faculty mentors
- understand degree requirements
- interpret academic policies
- assess progress toward degree completion
- select courses
- identify course prerequisites
- identify career possibilities
- explore options for graduate study
- identify University resources and programs
Academic Advising can assist you in identifying and achieving your academic and professional goals, foster intellectual innovation, and support opportunities to engage in both classroom and co-curricular learning experiences, as well as promote independent decision-making and lifelong learning.